Our history begins with Bethany Baptist Baptist Church located in Whistler, AL.
A.C. Sullivan wrote a brief historical sketch of Bethany Baptist Church dated May 14, 1978 and noted that although the exact date of organization cannot be precisely determined, documents in church files indicate that it was used in the spring of 1878. H.H. Harwell, J.E. Albritton, Parks Redwine, W.A. Luckie, Harmon Ray, and Alvin Sullivan are some of the pastors who served during this era.
Meanwhile, First Baptist Church of Kushla, AL began in the home of Mr. and Mrs. A.S. Leslie Sr. in 1943. God spoke to them and they opened their home to the community for a place to worship.
The first full time pastor was Bill Dossett. There were twenty members who signed the charter.
Earl Walker, Homer Yarbrough, Bob Templin, Joe Youngblood, and Tim Smith include some of the pastors during this era.
On June 19,2003, First Baptist Kushla and Bethany Baptist Church of Whistler merged and formed Kushla-Bethany Baptist Church under the leadership of Alvin Sullivan. The new sanctuary was completed and dedicated on Mother’s Day in 2007. Frank Lombardo, who served with Alvin Sullivan at Bethany Baptist, continued to serve as the music minister.
Tim Morgan came to Kushla-Bethany Baptist in the summer of 2017 as student pastor. After serving for a few months, KBBC called him as interim pastor and in October of 2018 they called him to be the pastor.